Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wild Ponies will try to eat you.

Well it's been awhile since I've been able to post. So this could be kinda long. Well last time I posted it was Damascus. That was awhile ago. Well we are at the point where we ridge walk. Which means you pretty much climb up 2000 feet. Then walk on top of this ridge for about 100 miles. Then you drop down 2000 feet into a town/river/major road then go right back up 2000 feet and get onto another ridge. Which is pretty much all of VA. For the beginning of VA we ran over a bunch of open fields and really big balds. Oh and we met the wild ponies. We were up about 100 feet above them as they came out to eat some grass on the field. Well I wanted to play with them because I heard they we pretty friendly. So down we went to take pictures and play with the wild ponies. Well we got down there and I grabbed some grass and started feeding one of the ponies. This got the attention of a couple other ponies. Well for some unknown reason feeding them grass just wasn't doing it for me. So I grabbed a mini snickers. Well I've never seen ponies run so fast in my life. They heard the wrapper and ran to me. I didn't even open the thing yet. All they had to do was hear it. So by this point I'm in the middle of 20+ wild ponies all of them trying to grab this snickers. Ends up they start kicking each other. They get in some fights. So I start to ease my way away from the scene. Well the leader of the pack noticed I was leaving. So he freaking chased me down and started nudging me in my shoulder with is head. So I gave him the snickers. Once he ate it he decided he would lick my eye ball and he did. Sooo that's my wild pony story of the AT. Well that was day two after Damascus. Since then we've been doing anywhere from 22-26 mile a day. We are moving flying through VA. We will be able to keep this average all the way up until Vermont. So looking forward to the very fast moving. Our goal is June 30th and we are gonna make it. Well that's about it for now. It's hiking time. Later this week I will post a blog on what we do on a typical day of hiking. This blog is brought to you by "Hey Girl" by O.A.R. Oh yeah we are a 1/4 of the way done.

No comments:

Post a Comment