Saturday, March 24, 2012

When things get tough the tough get going.

Well as I sit here waiting for these 400+ pictures to upload onto Facebook I figured I would update my blog. First I would like to think my parents for the much much bigger data plan. Instead of 300mb I now have 3gb. Yeah huge difference. Anyway last time I talked to y'all I was lusting over a Subway sub at Mountain Harbor Hostel. Well sad news. I didn't get my sub that day but I did get a 12oz double bacon cheese burger from a local joint that was very good. Do not worry though I got my sub only later in Hampton, TN. Well these last couple of days have been flat, flat according to AT standards. Not your Mississippi flat we are all so well accustomed to. So we've been doing faster miles since we've hit this flatter land which is good because that means we can move quicker and get done by our goal date of June 30th. Which will be legen wait for it dary. (who caught the how I met your mother line?) Legendary. Well we've finally reached two major goals. We've been now over 400 miles and we are in Damascus,VA. Yeah that's right we are in Virginia. Goodbye NC, TN, and GA. Virginia is known for it's flatness and so far it hasn't let us down. We expect to be done with Virginia in about four and a half weeks. Anyway we left Mountain Harbor Hostel and were on our way to a small stop in Hampton, TN. Took us only 2 days and some of the most beautiful landscape we've seen yet. Got to Hampton and guess what there was a Subway there. Oh yes a Subway. Two footlongs later I was on my way to Virginia and two days later we made it. The last day hiking into Virginia we spent in a "mild" thunderstorm. But hey as they say "No pain No rain No Maine". So now with "flat" land in our sight we will be on our way to finish this beautiful trail. Shout out to Anna Beth and Mary Kate Waldron. Tonights post brought to you by "Let Her cry" by Hootie and the Blowfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment